Health and safety management system Framework
The safety of staff, students and visitors to our campuses and facilities is a key priority.
We have a Health and Safety Management System in place to ensure we are regularly assessing and making changes to reduce risks to ensure everyone can return home from our university safely.
This management system is based on the Australian/New Zealand Standard (AS/NZS) 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - specification with guidance for use.
The Health and Safety Management System is an outline of how we approach work health and safety at UON. It includes our:
Also supporting this is:
- Our policy library – includes relevant policies, procedures and guidelines related to health and safety.
- A range of IT systems and business processes – like ELMO online training, ChemWatch, online incident reporting, HRonline, Maximo, Travelportal and Spendvision.
- HSP 1.1: Leadership Commitment (PDF, 40KB)
- HSP 1.2: Policy & Management System Framework (PDF, 939KB)
- HSP 2.1: Legal Compliance & other requirements (PDF, 47KB)
- HSP 2.2: Responsibilities (PDF, 75KB)
- HSP 3.1: Objectives, Targets, Plans & Performance (PDF, 48KB)
- HSP 4.1: Risk Management (PDF, 954KB)
- HSP 4.2: Workplace Exposure Monitoring (PDF, 45KB)
- HSP 4.3: Managing Change (PDF, 120KB)
- HSP 4.4: H&S in Design (PDF, 44KB)
- HSP 5.1: Pre-placement Health Assessment (PDF, 990KB)
- HSP 5.2: H&S Induction (PDF, 50KB)
- HSP: 5.3: H&S Training (PDF, 48KB)
- HSP 6.1: Contractor H&S Management (PDF, 90KB)
- HSP 6.2: Procurement (PDF, 72KB)
- HSP 7.1 Incident Notification & Investigation (PDF, 244KB)
- HSP 7.2: First Aid (PDF, 102KB)
- HSP 7.3: Injury Management (PDF, 1.1MB)
- HSP 7.4: Emergency Response (PDF, 249KB)
- HSP 8.1: Consultation & Communication (PDF, 53KB)
- HSP 8.2: H&S Committees (PDF, 105KB)
- HSP 9.1: Records, Documents & Document Control (PDF, 88KB)
- HSP 9.2: H&S Reporting (PDF, 66KB)
- HSP 10.1: H&S Inspections and testings (PDF, 193KB)
- HSP 10.2: Management Review of H&S Management System (PDF, 80KB)
- HSP 10.3: H&S Audits (PDF, 51KB)
- HSP 10.4: Health Surveillance (PDF, 84KB)
KRA 1.1: Hazardous Substances & Dangerous goods (PDF, KB)
KRA 1.2: Genetically Modified Organisms & Hazardous Biological Substances (PDF, KB)
KRA 1.8: Biological Hazards and Infection Control (PDF, KB)
KRA 1.9: Radiation Management (PDF, KB)
KRA 1.10: Scuba Diving / Water Based Activities (PDF, KB)
KRA 2.3: Working from home (being developed) - Refer to Working from home Procedure