The University of Newcastle is committed to providing a safe and healthy place to work and study.
University of Newcastle regards good management of health and safety as critical to achieving its vision of being a global leader in each of its spheres of achievement.
We believe that all injuries are preventable and hence, we are committed to developing a culture that strives for continuous improvement in health and safety, with a goal of having an injury-free workplace.
We will ensure that the following actions become embedded across the University community:
- Our leaders demonstrate a visible commitment to health and safety.
- Our systems and procedures support everyone at the University of Newcastle in preventing incidents and injuries.
- Health and safety risks are identified, managed and mitigated.
- Everyone at the University of Newcastle is encouraged and supported to actively engage with health and safety.
- Resources are made available to support ongoing health and safety improvement.
- Health and safety plans are developed and our performance is regularly monitored against targets.
- Everyone at the University of Newcastle is made aware of hazards so they can look after themselves and keep others safe.
- We actively promote the health, safety and well-being of everyone at the University of Newcastle.