Final Semester One applications close 5 February
Our study areas
New is filled with opportunities—in every field, in any direction. The University of Newcastle offers a wide range of study areas to pursue your passion. Explore them and discover what excites you most. And if you can’t decide on just one, you may have the option to combine degrees and end up with two qualifications. Where will new take you?
Bachelor of Education
New inspires the next generation. Offered from 2018, our new Education degrees provide the perfect mix of knowledge and practical experience.
Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management
Saving the world. It's a growth industry. Understand and combat the critical issues placing a growing strain on the earth’s natural resources such as climate change, human impacts, and the biodiversity crisis.
Bachelor of Laws (Honours) Combined
New advocates for change. Become a successful lawyer, or a rounded professional in another specialisation. The combined program gives you two qualifications in only five years of study.
- 24 Jan January round 2 - Preferences deadline
- 29 Jan February round 1 - Application deadline
- 31 Jan January round 2 - Offers released
- 04 Feb February round 1 - Preferences deadline
- 05 Feb February round 2 - Application deadline
- 08 Feb Febraury round 1 - Offers released
- 11 Feb February round 2 - Preferences deadline
- 15 Feb Febraury round 2 - Offers released
- 19 Feb Orientation week begins
- 06 Apr Walking campus tour
- 11 May Walking campus tour
- 08 Jun Walking campus tour
- 13 Jul Walking campus tour
- 20 Jul Walking campus tour
- 07 Sep Walking campus tour
- 05 Oct Walking campus tour
- 12 Oct Walking campus tour
- 09 Nov Walking campus tour
- 23 Nov Walking campus tour
- 07 Dec Walking campus tour
Live here, study here
- On-campus accommodation applications open Apply now
Subject Performance Scheme
At UON, you are more than just an ATAR. This entry scheme reviews your performance in HSC subjects against related UON degrees listed in your UAC application.
Other entry pathways
If you don’t think you meet the requirements to get straight into your degree or haven't studied in a while we provide other entry pathways to get in.
Combined degrees, also called dual degrees or double degrees, are a great option to increase your qualifications and boost your employability.
QS World University Rankings 2017/18
Excellence in Research Australia 2015
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2017