Study an undergraduate degree
Your journey to new starts here. The challenges of tomorrow will require diverse perspectives and novel ideas, and an undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle is your chance to gain insights that will launch your thinking. Whether you’re fresh out of school and ready for what’s next, or further down the road and looking to change course, studying one of over 100 undergraduate degrees will open up an incredible future for you.
An undergraduate degree is your first degree. Can't find what you're looking for below? Make sure you have a look at our full list of undergraduate degrees.
A postgraduate program is a pathway to further the knowledge gained in an undergraduate degree. Can't find what you're looking for below? Make sure you have a look at our full list of postgraduate programs.
These individual courses form part of your undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Browse degrees by study area
New is filled with opportunities—in every field, in any direction. The University of Newcastle offers a wide range of study areas to pursue your passion. Explore them and discover what excites you most. And if you can’t decide on just one, you may have the option to combine degrees and end up with two qualifications. Where will new take you?
Bachelor of Business
Dynamic, flexible and industry-engaged. Gain practical skills that are highly valued by employers, and have the opportunity to participate in international immersion trips and student exchange.
Bachelor of Creative Industries
Study what inspires you, maximise your job opportunities and expand your knowledge in media, design, IT, music, creative and performing arts, visual art, writing, publishing and entrepreneurship.
- 22 Apr Easter Monday
- 25 Apr ANZAC Day Public Holiday
- 26 Apr Campus Walking Tour
- 29 Apr Semester 1 - Resumes
- 30 Apr Young Careers Expo
- 01 May Labour Day Public Holiday, SIngapore
- 01 May Forbes Tertiary Awareness Day - Careers Expo
- 02 May May Round 1 documents deadline
- 02 May Western Plains Tertiary Info Day - Careers Expo
- 03 May Bathurst Careers Expo
- 12 May May Round 1 change preferences deadline
- 15 May Northwest Regional Careers Expo - Tamworth
- 16 May Newcastle & Lake Macquarie Careers Expo
- 16 May May Round 2 documents deadline
- 16 May May Round 1 offers released
- 17 May Hunter Valley Careers Expo
- 24 May Northern Beaches Tertiary Expo
- 26 May May Round 2 change preferences deadline
- 30 May June Round 1 documents deadline
- 30 May HSC and Careers Expo - Sydney
- 30 May May Round 2 offers released
- 31 May Campus Walking Tour
- 07 Jun Semester 1 - Concludes
- 10 Jun June Round 1 change preferences deadline
- 10 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- 11 Jun Semester 1 - Examinations
- 13 Jun June Round 2 documents deadline
- 14 Jun June Round 1 offers released
- 23 Jun June Round 2 change preferences deadline
- 25 Jun Central Coast Careers Expo
- 27 Jun June Round 2 offers released
- 27 Jun July Round 1 documents deadline
- 27 Jun Western Sydney Careers Expo
- 28 Jun Campus Walking Tour
- 01 Jul Mid-year recess
- 04 Jul Applications close for mid-year entry
- 07 Jul July Round 1 change preferences deadline
- 11 Jul July Round 2 documents deadline
- 11 Jul July Round 1 offers released
- 12 Jul Semester 1 - Results released
- 12 Jul Campus Walking Tour
- 14 Jul Semester 2 - Postgraduate applications close
- 19 Jul Campus Walking Tour
- 21 Jul July Round 2 change preferences deadline
- 22 Jul Semester 1 - Supplementary examinations
- 25 Jul July Round 2 offers released
- 29 Jul Semester 2 - Commences
- 31 Jul Coffs Harbour Careers Expo
- 01 Aug Camden Haven Careers Expo
- 02 Aug Taree Careers Expo
- 03 Aug Aug 03 - Central Coast Open Day
- 09 Aug Semester 2 - Last day to add a course through myHub without approval
- 15 Aug Aug 15 - Port Macquarie Pop Up
- 23 Aug Campus Walking Tour
- 23 Aug Semester 2 - Census Date
- 31 Aug Aug 31 - Newcastle Open Day
- 20 Sep Campus Walking Tour
- 30 Sep Semester 2 - Recess
- 04 Oct Campus Walking Tour
- 07 Oct Labour Day Public Holiday
- 11 Oct Campus Walking Tour
- 14 Oct Semester 2 - Resumes
- 01 Nov Campus Walking Tour
- 08 Nov Semester 2 - Concludes
- 11 Nov Semester 2 - Examinations
- 15 Nov Campus Walking Tour
- 29 Nov Campus Walking Tour
- 06 Dec Campus Walking Tour
- 06 Dec Semester 2 - Results released
- 13 Dec Campus Walking Tour
- 16 Dec Semester 2 - Supplementary examinations
Have questions about applying for an undergraduate course through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)? Grace, a current UON student, has some helpful tips.
Other entry pathways
If you don’t think you meet the requirements to get straight into your degree or haven't studied in a while we provide other entry pathways to get in.
We have over 100 scholarships available which support around 1000 new students at the University of Newcastle per year.
Combined degrees, also called dual degrees or double degrees, are a great option to increase your qualifications and boost your employability.