Mid-year entry now open. See what you can study.
Our study areas
New is filled with opportunities—in every field, in any direction. The University of Newcastle offers a wide range of study areas to pursue your passion. Explore them and discover what excites you most. And if you can’t decide on just one, you may have the option to combine degrees and end up with two qualifications. Where will new take you?
Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
New inspires the next generation. Combine your passion for education with your chosen subject areas to gain in-depth expertise, confidence and skills.
Bachelor of Psychological Science
140% projected career growth, 1000% rewarding. Examine the causes of human behaviour and use this understanding to solve practical problems that will positively impact the lives of others.
Bachelor of Business
Learn business locally. Do business globally. Study at NeW Space, a brand new $95 million state-of-the-art education precinct located in the heart of Newcastle.
- 30 Apr May round 2 - Application deadline
- 06 May May round 1 - Preferences deadline
- 10 May May round 1 - Offers released
- 11 May Walking campus tour
- 20 May May round 2 - Preferences deadline
- 21 May June round 1 - Application deadline
- 24 May May round 2 - Offers released
- 03 Jun June round 1 - Preferences deadline
- 04 Jun June round 2 - Application deadline
- 07 Jun June round 1 - Offers released
- 08 Jun Walking campus tour
- 12 Jun June round 3 - Application deadline
- 17 Jun June round 2 - Preferences deadline
- 21 Jun June round 2 - Offers released
- 24 Jun June round 3 - Preferences deadline
- 25 Jun July round 1 - Application deadline
- 28 Jun June round 3 - Offers released
- 05 Jul Schools Visit Day - Newcastle
- 08 Jul July round 1 - Preferences deadline
- 12 Jul July round 2 - Application deadline
- 12 Jul July round 1 - Offers released
- 13 Jul Walking campus tour
- 19 Jul July round 2 - Offers released
- 20 Jul Walking campus tour
- 04 Aug Open Day - Central Coast
- 16 Aug Open Day - Port Macquarie
- 25 Aug Open Day - Newcastle (Callaghan and City Precinct)
- 07 Sep Walking campus tour
- 05 Oct Walking campus tour
- 12 Oct Walking campus tour
- 09 Nov Walking campus tour
- 23 Nov Walking campus tour
- 29 Nov Schools Visit Day - Central Coast
- 07 Dec Walking campus tour
Live here, study here
- Find an on-campus accommodation
option that’s right for you
Ma & Morley Scholarship Program
We are looking for students who want to change the world. A range of opportunities exist for new and continuing undergraduate students.
Other entry pathways
If you don’t think you meet the requirements to get straight into your degree or haven't studied in a while we provide other entry pathways to get in.
Combined degrees, also called dual degrees or double degrees, are a great option to increase your qualifications and boost your employability.
QS World University Rankings 2017/18
Excellence in Research Australia 2015
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2017