The study of education and teaching is an evolving and growing field with a range of roles outside typical classroom settings. Our graduates gain expertise, experience and learn the necessary skills for both teaching and non-teaching roles.
A good teacher can change lives and truly impact the communities in which they live. Nationally there is a strong investment in both schools and teacher training and professional development. Paid study scholarships, guaranteed jobs after graduation and fast tracked career opportunities are just some of the benefits for education graduates. Your education qualifications will also open doors in a range of other roles in government, research, adult education, online study, curriculum and policy development – the opportunities are endless.
Why study education at UON?
- Build confidence early - participate in simulated classrooms and virtual reality experiences from the first year of your studies. This includes volunteer opportunities and Ed Outreach experiences such as shadowing students or working in a variety of community settings.
- Diversify your teaching skills with experience in non-traditional settings like rural schools, an overseas experience or a special needs class - one of at least three separate professional experience placements.
- Choose your path after completing the second year of your studies – you can move into education research or continue with specialist, intensive teaching placements.
- Learn global skills - Our education discipline ranks in the top 100 in the world . We take a new approach to learning that creates education leaders who have globally transferable skills.
- Be a graduate in demand with opportunities to become specialists in multiple teaching areas, along with skills and experience for both teaching and non-teaching roles. This is why our Education graduates enjoy a 94%+ employment rate.
Video: Mikahlia is bringing dynamic new perspectives to education.
94% + Employed
within four months of graduation
World top 100