The University of Newcastle offers many pathways and entry options to give you the best chance of getting into uni. Some relate to specific degrees, others include our free enabling pathway programs like Newstep, Open Foundation and Yapug.
You don't necessarily need to have completed your HSC or received an ATAR to gain entry into uni. We know that your other skills and qualifications are just as important.
Select the option that applies to you:
- I will complete year 12 in the next two years
- I am currently completing my Higher School Certificate (HSC)
- I have completed secondary education within the last two years
- I completed secondary education more than two years ago and haven't studied since
- I am completing/have recently completed vocational education and training (VET)
- I am studying or have completed higher education (including pathway programs like Open Foundation, Newstep or Yapug)
- I have completed overseas qualifications
- I have not completed any formal secondary, VET or higher education studies
- I want to study but don't want a full degree
If you have more than one of the qualifications listed above they may all count towards your application. We are always happy to provide advice and discuss your circumstances so please contact us by calling 1300 275 866 or submitting a question using AskUON. Otherwise check out our application FAQ.
Getting started at Uni
Give yourself the best start at uni.
Bridging and refresher courses
Our bridging and refresher courses will help you feel confident about entering university study.
University Preparation Program
Our new University Preparation Program (UPP) is a FREE program arming you with academic knowledge, learning support and confidence in the weeks leading up to your new degree.