Studying at the University of Newcastle will connect you with the top tier of researchers, opening up incredible opportunities to advance your career, pursue breakthrough discoveries and solve the world’s most formidable problems.
All research degree candidates require a supervisor. It is recommended you start actively searching for potential supervisors in your chosen field before you submit your application.
You can search for a supervisor by researcher name, area of expertise or by research centre name.
PhD Pathway Stories
Our PhD candidates conduct their research across a number of different pathways, each in pursuit of achieving real-world impact. With the support of exceptional supervisors and world-class facilities, they become life-ready graduates who are community-minded, resilient and ready for work.
PhD scholarships and opportunities
Carbonate Regeneration and Carbon Dioxide Capture Potential in Solar Thermo-Electrochemical Carbon Generation
The management of carbon dioxide emissions is arguably the biggest challenge of our time, yet also, perhaps, our greatest opportunity.…
Dissemination and Knowledge Translation in Chronic Disease Prevention
We are seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from highly motivated candidates interested in pursuing a PhD program in dissemination science…
To Assess the Impact that Sports Uniforms Have on Improving NSW Primary School Students Physical Activity
This NSW Cardiovascular Funded grant is focused on identifying the impact that school uniforms have on students physical activity at…
- 04 Jun Semester 1 - Concludes
- 07 Jun Semester 1 – Formal Examinations
- 30 Jun HDR Semester 1 - Concludes
- 01 Jul HDR Semester 2 - Commences
- 02 Jul Semester 1 - Results released
- 12 Jul Semester 1 – Rescheduled Examinations
- 19 Jul Semester 2 - Commences
- 30 Jul Semester 2 - Last day to add a course through myHub without approval
- 13 Aug Semester 2 - Census date
- 31 Aug HDR Semester 2 - Census date
- 20 Sep Semester 2 - Recess
- 05 Oct Semester 2 - Resumes
- 29 Oct Semester 2 - Concludes
- 01 Nov Semester 2 - Examinations
- 26 Nov Semester 2 - Results released
- 31 Dec HDR Semester 2 - Concludes
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.