Study a postgraduate degree at UON
The possibilities of new are unlimited. For those seeking to expand their career options - and follow a path with the potential to make a global impact - the University of Newcastle offers over 450 courses and 80 Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters degree programs. Flexible programs designed around you, and by you, also provide the option to translate your real-world experience into course credit. Serving students from over 100 countries, our curriculum reflects a global perspective that prepares you to solve the world’s most complex challenges. All while studying at an institution recognised that is ranked 214th of the world's universities.
An undergraduate degree is your first degree. Can't find what you're looking for below? Make sure you have a look at our full list of undergraduate degrees.
A postgraduate program is a pathway to further the knowledge gained in an undergraduate degree. Can't find what you're looking for below? Make sure you have a look at our full list of postgraduate programs.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Outstanding business leadership meets you when you graduate the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Master of Mental Health Nursing
Be at the forefront of mental health expertise and learn new models of care with ongoing mentoring from our network of experienced mental health nurses.
Master of Business Psychology
Enhance performance outcomes within corporate business using psychological management techniques taught by high-quality teachers.
- 25 Feb Semester 1 - Commences
- 01 Mar Trimester 1 - Census date
- 08 Mar Semester 1 - Last day to add a course through myHub without approval
- 22 Mar Semester 1 - Census date
- 25 Apr ANZAC Day Public Holiday
- 26 Apr Trimester 1 - Concludes
- 02 May Trimester 1 - Examinations
- 20 May Trimester 2 - Commences
- 31 May Trimester 2 - Last day to add a course through myHub without approval
- 07 Jun Semester 1 - Concludes
- 10 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- 11 Jun Semester 1 - Examinations
- 14 Jun Trimester 2 - Census date
- 14 Jul Semester 2 - Postgraduate applications close
- 29 Jul Semester 2 - Commences
- 09 Aug Trimester 2 - Concludes
- 09 Aug Semester 2 - Last day to add a course through myHub without approval
- 15 Aug Trimester 2 - Examinations
- 23 Aug Semester 2 - Census Date
- 02 Sep Trimester 3 - Commences
- 13 Sep Trimester 3 - Last day to add a course through myHub without academic penalty
- 27 Sep Trimester 3 - Census date
- 07 Oct Labour Day Public Holiday
- 08 Nov Semester 2 - Concludes
- 11 Nov Semester 2 - Examinations
- 22 Nov Trimester 3 - Concludes
- 28 Nov Trimester 3 - Examinations
Postgraduate student highlights
New career directions with postgrad study
For Master of Nursing (Advanced Practice) student Kathleen, being the first in her family to attend university was an accomplishment within itself. But returning to UON to complete postgraduate studies while also finding her feet as a first-time mother was a feat that’s on a whole other level.
Creating a catalyst for change
Architecture is about so much more than just designing structures. It stands at the intersection of art, design and culture, and shapes the way we live, work, and experience the world.
Take your career to new heights with an MBA
For accomplished accountant Kate, studying a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a strategic step on her journey to becoming a leader in the field.