How to apply
For most programs, you can complete an easy, online application form. Applying only takes around 10 minutes and there is no fee for direct applications. You can upload all of your certified supporting documentation online.
If you wish to apply for one of the following programs, you will need to submit an application to the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) by the applicable deadline.
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Professional Psychology
If you are not sure where to start, just click on the online application form and you will be directed to the correct area based on the information that you provide.
If you are not an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent Residency visa, you are able to apply directly through our International Office.
For more information, see How to Apply
Application closing dates
If you are applying directly to the University of Newcastle, please adhere to the application closing dates listed below. All required supporting documents must be received by these dates. Applications received after these dates will be considered for the next available intake:
|Semester 1 - 9 February 2020|
|Semester 2 - 5 July 2020|
|Trimester 1 - 19 January 2020|
|Trimester 2 - 26 April 2020|
|Trimester 3 - 9 August 2020|
|Winter Term - 7 June 2020|
NOTE: Programs are available for admission in either Semesters OR Trimesters. Please review the detailed program information and key dates to see which applies to your program of choice
- Applications are now open
- Applications close 26 April 2020
Please refer to How do I apply for the Master of Teaching programs? for further information.
- Applications for 2020 are closed. Applications for 2021 will open via UAC in September 2020.
Please refer to How do I apply for Postgraduate Psychology? for further information.
Recognition of prior learning
At the University of Newcastle we recognise the value of informal learning gained through professional experience. When applying, check the admission requirements to see whether your program recognises previous professional experience.
Preparing and Submitting Your Application
To ensure that the process goes smoothly for you, please be sure to complete the following steps before applying:
- Review the program that you wish to apply for. Note the admission criteria, admission instructions, requirements & structure and any additional information listed.
- Review the program fees and costs.
- Prepare any necessary certified supporting documents for upload.
- If you are from a non-English-speaking background, you need to satisfy the University's English language requirements and ensure that you can provide evidence of your English proficiency if required.
- Click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Complete each section of the form. You will need to provide information on personal and contact details, confirm your citizenship, give a summary of your previous study and /or work experience as well as confirm the type of study that you wish to complete. Please take the time to view the help points listed for many of the application questions.
- Based on the information that you provide, you will be required to upload supporting documentation prior to submitting your application.
- Upon submission of your online application, you will be notified by email that it has been received. Please keep this email for your records.
- Our Admissions staff will contact you to discuss any additional required supporting documentation.
- If you wish to discuss your application, please contact our Admissions team at email@example.com
Access your incomplete application
Once you begin an online application, an individual application link will be emailed to the email address you provided in Step 1 of the application form. Simply click on the link to pick up where you left off.
If you have any problems completing the online application, please contact us.
Phone 1800 88 21 21 (inside Australia) or + 61 2 4921 8856 (outside Australia), or submit an enquiry.