The University of Newcastle, Australia

How to apply

PHD and Research Master applicants apply here

Apply to study in Australia

Both students and education agents can submit international applications using our online application system. This is our preferred way of receiving applications.

  • If you are an international applicant applying directly to the University of Newcastle, please apply through our International Applicant Portal.
    • Registering on the Application Portal
  • If you are an education agent contracted with the University of Newcastle, please apply through our Agent Application Portal.
  • If you are an education agent that is not contracted to the University of Newcastle, you will be unable to use the Agent Application Portal to submit applications. You will be able to assist applicant's with their application using the Applicant Portal.

Click here for help on using the Portal

Online-only application

If you are an International student intending to study an undergraduate or postgraduate program in an online-only mode of study at the University of Newcastle, Australia.

Paper-based application

If you are unable to access the online Application System, you are welcome to complete a paper-based application by downloading and completing the International Application Form.

Please email your application form and relevant documents to

Alternatively you can send your completed application to an education agent in your home country.

What will you need?

As part of your application you will need to provide scanned coloured original or certified copies of original documents. Your application will be processed only when we have received the documents as stated in the entry requirements of the program you wish to study.  Examples of the documents that you may need to provide are:

  • Academic Transcript
  • Completion Certificate
  • Passport
  • Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
  • Letters of Work Experience

Make sure you attach the necessary documentation to your application. The University will only accept scanned coloured originals or certified copies of original documents. You can have your copies of original documents certified by one of the following:

Certified documents must include an unmovable stamp, a signature, and the date of certification.

If your qualifications were obtained under a former name, please attach certified evidence of your change of name documents. Certified translations must accompany documents that are not in English.

Please send your International Application form and scanned coloured original or certified documents to If you are unable to send the application via email you can work with your Education Agent or send to the International Admissions address noted in the paper-based section.

You must comply with the level of English proficiency for the program you are applying for.

When we receive and process your application, we will send you an email with your student number. Please include this number in all communication with the University of Newcastle.

We will send you a second email with a username and password that will allow you to login to our system and see the status of your application.

If your application is successful, we will send you a letter of offer. The letter of offer will include your program of study, program fees, start date and any conditions you must meet before accepting your offer.

If your application is unsuccessful, we will send you a letter to inform you of that decision.

Accept your offer and pay the required deposit fees. You will find the acceptance of offer form at the end of your offer letter. If you have received a conditional offer, you should meet the conditions described before accepting your offer.

When UoN receives your offer acceptance, we will send you a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) as evidence of your deposit payment. Your CoE will allow you to access streamlined student visa processing, which is faster than the usual visa process.

The University of Newcastle is bound by the Privacy and Personal Information Act, 1998 and the Health Records Act 2002 and has a privacy management plan.

Please be advised that the University will not release a student's personal details, including academic information, to any agent, whether they are acting alone or on behalf of a family member, without the prior written consent of the student concerned.