Step 1: If you are hoping to gain credit for previous TAFE or other private provider studies check our Credit Transfer Catalogue to see what you might be eligible for (this might save you some work during the application process). Otherwise you can move on to step 2.
Step 2: Visit our degrees page and click on the degree program you want to study i.e Bachelor of Arts. Scroll down the page until you can see the “Program Plans” heading. Select the program plan most relevant to what you want to study i.e the campus/ major.
You will need to know what subjects are in your degree that you want to apply for credit for so you can’t skip this step!
When you have accessed your program plan click into each of the subjects on that plan that look like something you have already studied. After you have read the subject details if you decide that they do seem like what you have studied then make a note of each of the course codes for that UON subject (i.e INFO1010) and then a note of the subject you studied that you think is the same. You will need this information when you fill out your application to map the courses you want credit for.
UON subject in the Bachelor of Business
Equal to the subject I studied at X university
Introduction to Marketing Mark100
Introduction to Law LAW100
Foundations of Business studies BUS100
Don’t forget to include your electives. If some of the subjects you have studied don’t translate exactly into specific UON subjects but you have electives in your UON degree, you may be able to map some of your previous studies into an elective
Step 3: Make sure you have scanned colour copies of the documentation you will need to supply during your application. You will need:
- Colour scanned copies of your official transcripts (not screen shots or unofficial copies)
- Colour scanned copies of your official award certificate (the certificate you hang on the wall)
Step 4: Complete the online application form making sure you submit it with all your documentation attached at least 2 weeks before the start of term (but the earlier you apply the earlier you get an outcome…). Visit our key dates page to find out when terms begin.
Important: As part of this process you will need to map the courses you have studied against the courses in the UON degree you want to study. You can use the work you did in Step 2 above. We only consider what you have mapped so make sure you map everything you think you might be eligible to receive credit for.
Handy tips for filling out the online application
- Get your application in as early as possible but no later than two weeks before the start of term
- Make sure you have all the documentation you need. If you don’t have some of your documentation yet, because you are waiting to finish off some of your studies, you can still apply and get a conditional outcome on your credit application which will tell you what credit you will receive when you complete your studies and successfully apply to study at UON. Then if you supply us with your final official transcript and award certificate as soon as you have them (but no later than 2 weeks before the start of term) we will award your credit.
- Make sure you have had a look at the Program Plan for the degree you want to study and have mapped out the credit you think you might be eligible for.
And then if you haven’t already done so, don’t forget to apply for admission to the UON degree program you want to study. Many degrees are applied for through the Universities Admission Centre. However there may be some that you apply with us directly. For help read our Application FAQ.