Your Uni-ID (also known as your Number Plate e.g. abc123) and password combination will give you access to online facilities and resources within the University of Newcastle website.
Do not share your password with anyone. You may be held responsible for any misuse of your account.
Choosing a password
- Passwords must not contain your Staff Number (e.g. 000000), Uni-ID (e.g. abc123) or any part of your name
- Passwords must be between 8 and 16 characters long
- Passwords must include at least:
- One lower case letter
- One upper case letter
- One number
- One special character (e.g. @#$%^&*()<>?!)
- Click here
- Enter your Uni-ID (your Number Plate e.g. abc123) and password
- Click Login:
- Enter your current password
- Enter your chosen new password twice
- Click Change Password:
- If successful, you will receive this Success screen:
- You can now login with this new password.
As of 26 September 2016, you will need to add an IT Alert Mobile Number to your HRonline profile before you can use the self-help Reset Forgotten Password Utility.
If you cannot access HRonline and you have not yet added an IT Alert Mobile Number, please contact the IT Service Desk on Ext. 17000 ((02) 4921 7000) to reset your password over the phone.
You will then be able to reset a forgotten password yourself in the future.
I have set up my IT Alert Mobile Number in HRonline
If you have set up an IT Alert Mobile Number in HRonline, you are able to use the Reset Forgotten Password Utility.
Please follow the steps below.
Note: You will need your mobile phone with you.
- Go to the Reset Forgotten Password utility here.
- Type in your Number Plate (your Uni ID e.g. abc123)
- Click Next:
- Enter the Security Code that has just been TEXTED to the IT Alert Mobile Number
- Click Next:
- Enter a new password
- Enter the new password again
- Click Next to save:
- If successful, you will receive this screen:
Your main university password is now changed, and you can access HRonline with this password.
Your account will be locked for 5 minutes if you enter an incorrect password 5 times in a row.
- Passwords are case-sensitive
- Make sure your Caps Lock is off
- Use the number keys above the letter keys (not the number pad on the right of the keyboard, as your Number Lock might be off)
- Type carefully
Try again after waiting 5 minutes.
Still need help? Contact the IT Service Desk on Ext. 17000 ((02) 4921 7000).