myUON Research is the University of Newcastle’s platform providing you with a personalised gateway to the most commonly used research systems and information sources. It is simple to use and will enable more efficient connections with your UON systems, processes, and people.
Personalised design – myUON Research can be accessed using your staff Uni-ID and password. The first time you log in, all available features are represented as tiles. You are in control and can customise your experience by rearranging tiles and even remove them.
Automatic sign in – to save you time and effort logging into the varying UON systems, logging into myUON Research with your staff Uni-ID and password means that you are also logged into Office 365, Nexus, Discover LMS, Fraedom, Aims - Incident Management System, Research Professional, serviceUON, SuccessFactors, and Travel Hub
myUON Research features include:
Keep track of your grants, human and animal ethics applications and HDR Students.
- My Funded Grants – key financial and date information from RFS for Grants awarded to me and my research team
- My Ethics – centralised human and animal ethics management information and activities
- My HDR Students – centralised HDR Supervision information and activity notifications
Be informed of funding opportunities, learning and development opportunities, and all the latest UON news and events.
- Find Funding – centralised location for funding opportunities
- My Training – access all your staff learning and development opportunities from Discover
- News and Events – stay connected with the latest staff news and events at UON
Be supported by locating assistance for research specific activities, finding departments or staff across UON, and by accessing IT support and campus security.
- Contacts – find UON support of research related activities by faculty, school, and division
- Find Staff – find UON staff members located on any UON NSW campus
- IT Services – access to IT help to search the knowledge base or raise a request
- Campus Security – get in touch with campus security
Stay connected through collaborating with other UON researchers and accessing UON supported systems and research related sites.
- reSEARCHer – a new and more targeted way to connect across the UON research community
- My Publications – improved visibility of publication activities that require attention
- Web Links – consolidated list of research related UON pages and external websites
- My HR – access to HROnline and SuccessFactors
- Email – access to your staff email account
- My Teams – access to your Microsoft Teams account
- Directions – find your way to any room on any UON NSW campus
- My Library – access to UON libraries
- Zoom – access your ZOOM video conferencing account
- My Expenses – access to Fraedom UON's expense management system
- My Travel – access to Travelhub for booking university travel
- Safety – access to UON's incident management system and other UON safety information
Keep moving by accessing real time data on UON shuttle buses, carpark availability and public transport options.
- Civic West – spaces available and information about Civic West car park
- Shuttle – locate the shuttle buses around campus
- Transport NSW – transport and travel information to help you plan your public transport trip around NSW by train, bus, ferry, light rail and coach.
Designed in collaboration with UON researchers with the interface designed by UON students, the first edition of myUON Research is now available. Just like myUON Student, myUON Research will continue to evolve based on your input.
Accessing myUON Research
myUON Research is available by downloading the myUON:Official mobile app available on iOS and Android from the app stores or via your desktop at https://myuon.newcastle.edu.au.
Use your staff Uni-ID and password to log in and explore myUON Research.