Personalised Student App & Portal - myUON
myUON is the University of Newcastle’s student app and portal, providing you with single sign-on for important student systems and information.
The myUON portal is simple to use, personalised, and can be customized to suit your needs.
Systems include – UONline (which links to a range of learning tools like Blackboard, course materials and Echo360), MyHub, student email,
AskUON, CareerHub, MyLibrary, UONPrint, Sonia, Adverse Circumstances, Survey and IT Support.
myUON now offers you a personalised and customized experience, using these key features:
- Design of the portal utilises an app style display that offers:
- coloured tiles & icons for easy identification
- interactive and dynamic tiles, displaying live content
- flexibility to customise the layout and tiles displayed to suit your needs
- an indicator will display on the tile if you have an active item (eg new email, Library hold, or fine)
- Timetable tile displays your next scheduled class or exam, with upcoming classes and exam details when you click/tap the tile.
- My Details tile is a straightforward way to view important information about your student record such as your contact details and if you have any academic or financial holds that require action.
- MyLibrary tile displays library hours, holds and fines on your account, and quick access to MyLibrary and the Library home page.
- News and Events banner will keep you in touch with everything happening at university, displaying events and news which are personalised to your Campus and Faculty.
- Directions tile has campus maps including building floor plans and wayfinding so you can find your way around quickly. It also integrates with other services such as Timetable, PC Seeker, Staff Directory and MyLibrary.
- PC Seeker tile to help you find available computers near you.
- Transport related tiles such as ‘Transport NSW’, ‘Ride Share’, ‘Shuttle’ as well as ‘Civic West parking’ for those parking at Newcastle City campus.
Accessing the portal
The portal can be accessed online at myuon.newcastle.edu.au, or download the app – available on iOS and Android from the app stores.
NeW Space app
The NeW Space app places all essential building services and information in the palm of your hand.
Find your way throughout the building, access transport services, locate staff and computers, read the latest news, attend events and learn about NeW Space; all from your smart phone or tablet.
The free app is available to students, staff and visitors via Apple’s App Store (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) and Google Play Store (Android).
Why wait? Download, explore and discover a new way.