Email and calendars
UNify Outlook provides a feature-rich, collaborative and unified environment for staff communication using the Microsoft Office 365 for Education service.
Your UNify Outlook account is automatically created when you start at UON.
You can access UNify by opening Microsoft Outlook, which is installed on your UON computer, by using the Outlook Web App (OWA), or the in-built email application from any computer, tablet or smart phone connected to the Internet.
Can I recover an item I have deleted from my UNify account?
This depends on how long ago the item was deleted. Deleted items automatically 'disappear' from your Deleted Items folder after 30 days. Items that are filtered to the Junk Email folder also 'disappear' after 30 days.
However, they are still available as recoverable items for a further 14 days. So, you have a total of 44 days to recover items you have deleted, but recoverable items can only be accessed via the Outlook Web App (OWA). After this time has elapsed, items cannot be recovered.
- Log in to your Outlook account (see here for instructions PDF, 151KB).
- Right click Deleted Items in the navigation pane.
- Select recover deleted items…
- Scroll through to find the item you wish to recover, right click and select recover.
The item selected will be restored to the original folder. (ie. Mail items go to the Inbox, Calendar items to the Calendar folder, Contacts to Contacts and Tasks to Tasks).
- Click OK.
You can search for a deleted item by entering key word/s into the search panel at the top of the window.
Warning: If you select the purge option, the items selected will be permanently deleted and unrecoverable.
- Adding your UoN signature (PDF, 322KB)
- Mailbox sharing and permissions in UNify (PDF, 681KB)
- How to share a folder in UNify (PDF, 450KB)
- Sending and replying on behalf of another person (PDF, 226KB)
- Sharing a calendar (PDF, 282KB)
- Adding a positional account (PDF, 174KB)
- Adding a resource account (PDF, 264KB)
- Adding permissions to a positional shared account (PDF, 289KB)
- Creating an automatic reply - holiday rule (PDF, 592KB)
- Set a resource to auto accept or decline (PDF, 157KB)
- Handling junk email (PDF, 244KB)
- Adding your UoN signature (PDF, 323KB)
- Mailbox sharing and permissions (PDF, 566KB)
- How to share a folder (PDF, 417KB)
- Sending a reply on behalf of another person (PDF, 112KB)
- Sharing a calendar (PDF, 332KB)
- Adding a positional account (PDF, 209KB)
- Adding a resource account (PDF, 193KB)
- Creating an automatic reply - holiday rule (PDF, 145KB)
After your name is legally changed, you must notify HR or Student Administration, and provide documented evidence to have your record updated in HR or Student Information Systems. Once this has been completed, the change to your name will be automatically updated in IT Identity Management systems.
To request a new email address reflecting your new name, submit this request form. Your old email address will continue to function and login details will remain unchanged.