Building upon the namesake NeW Futures Lead Strategy, the Future Workforce initiatives will provide the building blocks to support UON's goals for its staff.
- Anytime, Anywhere on Any device
We will provide virtual communication, collaboration, document sharing and records management through a new secure and compliant digital workspace.
- Application Modernisation
We will transform our applications into a consolidated, contemporary set of digital solutions that fully align to UON’s enterprise architecture and industry best practice operations.
- Remote Access
To facilitate research activity, we will provide students and researchers with remote access to UON and partners’ laboratories and computer facilities.
- Efficient UON
By employing self-service workflows, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Augmented Intelligence (AI), we will drive efficiency and improvements across core process in the University.
Key measures of success
- The delivery of digital workspace across UON with an increased in adoption of collaboration technologies.
- Clear standards, technology guidelines and roadmaps will be established and managed.
- UON workforce will achieve higher capacity, capability, diversity and performance targets.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.