As students' expectations for higher education evolve, so will UON's teaching and learning offerings.
- Teaching & Learning DNA
We will develop a digital-native architecture for Teaching & Learning to revolutionise the creation, distribution and consumption of educational material through omni-channel, scalable and interactive learning capabilities.
- Personalised Adaptive Student Experience (PASE)
IT Services will enable UON to drive an enhanced student experience through persona-based adaptive learning technologies, automation and digitally rich, integrated learning assets.
- 360-degree Teaching & Learning
We will establish a real-time environment that enables interactive feedback, behaviours, assessment, formal and informal social interaction and networking to enhance overall student and staff performance.
- Teaching & Learning Ecosystem
IT Services will implement a step-change in Teaching & Learning Management systems that will underpin the evolution in teaching & learning methods, credentialing and course design.
Key measures of success
- Delivery of contemporary digital solutions that enable state-of-the-art education for students to set their own learning journey.
- Students will have the ability to choose the time, place and device they use to learn.
- UON will be a sector leader in utilising technology to distribute and consume learning assets.
- A Teaching and Learning ecosystem that meets the needs of the Students and Educators.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.