What does the Committee do?
The Finance Committee's responsibilities are outlined in full in the Finance Committee Charter. Its key areas of focus are:
- financial and investment performance, strategic commercial activities and financial sustainability
- integrity of the financial statements, accounting and financial reporting processes
- assessing the financial impact of strategic proposals
- overseeing business case development process
- disclosure controls, procedures and internal controls over financial reporting
- overseeing external audit function
- effective management of financial risk.
Meeting Location and Dates
Location: Committee Room, The Chancellery, Callaghan Campus
|Meeting date||Meeting Time|
|Friday 29 November 2019||8.30am - 11.00am|
|Friday 7 February 2020 - Joint Finance / Council||9.00am - 1.00pm|
|Tuesday 24 March 2020 - Joint Finance / Council||8.30am - 11.00am|
|Friday 29 May 2020||8.30am - 10.30am|
|Friday 31 July 2020||11.30am - 1.30pm|
|Friday 25 September 2020||11.30am - 1.30pm|
|Friday 27 November 2020||8.30am - 10.30am|
You can find all Council meeting dates and the full Council calendar here.
Reports and Papers
Templates and other support resources are available to help you prepare reports or papers for committees and Council.