Delegation of Authority
The Council is the governing body of the University.
Except for the Matters Reserved for the Council and matters delegated to management above the specified limits, Council has delegated powers to the Vice-Chancellor to manage and operate the University on a day-to-day basis.
The Governance Rule gives the Vice-Chancellor the authority to sub-delegate these powers. The Vice-Chancellor makes delegations to employees and officers in accordance with the Conditions of sub-delegation by the Vice-Chancellor. The Delegation Schedules support staff in understanding the limits of their delegations.
Below the Vice-Chancellor, delegations cannot be sub-delegated. A delegation of authority empowers decision-making. A robust system of delegations provides the assurance that an officer of the University is making specified decisions with a delegation of authority from the Vice-Chancellor or the Council.
- Governance Rule
- Matters Reserved for Council - Schedule 1 of Governance Rule
- Delegation of Academic Matters - Schedule 2 of Governance Rule
- Delegations to the University Secretary - Schedule 3 of Governance Rule
- Conditions of sub-delegation by the Vice-Chancellor - Schedule 4 of Governance Rule
- Schedule of Operational sub-delegations made by the Vice-Chancellor
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Authorise another officer to act on your behalf
- I have a question about the Delegation of Authority