Elections are conducted by the University Secretary (as Returning Officer) for various positions on University bodies (Councils, Committees, Boards ect). Many other bodies conduct their own elections for positions on those bodies. This site only deals with those elections undertaken by the University Secretary.
Election of Academic Staff to Faculty Boards from 1 January 2015
Academic staff were invited to nominate for membership of their Faculty Board for two years from 1 January 2015.
As a result, five ballots will be conducted by electronic ballot from Tuesday 9 December 2014. Voting will close Wednesday 17 December 2014.
Staff who are eligible to vote will receive an email inviting them to do so.
Candidate statements are available for each ballot:
- Four members of the Newcastle Law School to Faculty Board, Faculty of Business and Law
- Two members of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science to Faculty Board, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- One member of the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy to Faculty Board, Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Two members of the School of Environmental and Life Sciences to Faculty Board, Faculty of Science and Information Technology
- Two members of the School of Psychology to Faculty Board, Faculty of Science and Information Technology
Election of Students to Faculty Board for 2015
Nominations for these student positions have closed. An electronic ballot has been been held for:
- One postgraduate research higher degree student on Faculty Board, Faculty of Health and Medicine.
The successful candidate was Ryan Duchatel.
Election of Students to Academic Senate for 2015
Nominations for these student positions have closed. Electronic ballots have been held for:
- One undergraduate student from Callaghan Campus
The successful candidate was Nicholas Moor
- One postgraduate research higher degree student
The successful candidate was Sharlene Leroy-Dyer