Elections are conducted by the University Secretary (as Returning Officer) for various positions on University bodies (Councils, Committees, Boards etc). Many other bodies conduct their own elections for positions on those bodies. This site only deals with those elections undertaken by the University Secretary.
Current Staff Elections
NOTICE OF NOMINATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP TO THE ALUMNI ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The University of Newcastle is holding its Annual General Meeting of Convocation in the Council Meeting Room, IDC Building, Callaghan Campus on Wednesday 5th December 2018 at 9.00am.
All members of Convocation are invited to attend. Members of Convocation are:
- the members and past members of the Council;
- the graduates of the University;
- the professors and full-time and part-time members of the academic staff of the University;
- the full-time or part-time members of the non-academic staff of the University;
- any person who has retired from employment as a member of the academic or non-academic staff of the University after having been a member of Convocation for 12 months or more;
- any person on whom the University has conferred an honorary degree or other award, or an honorary appointment; or
- past members of the council of the Hunter Institute of Higher Education, the Newcastle Teachers’ College or the Newcastle College of Advanced Education.
- Vice President
- Ten General positions
The term for each position is two years commencing 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2020.
What are you waiting for? Nominate Now!
Download and complete the 2018 Alumni Advisory Committee Nomination Form.
Nominations must be supported by two members of Convocation and must include a candidate’s statement and photo.
Submit your completed Nomination Form, photo and statement by 5:00pm on Wednesday 28 November 2018 via:
- email: email@example.com
- post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council and Records Management, CH241, The Chancellery, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.
If you would like more information or have questions, please contact Dianne Green, Returning Officer
p: +61 2 4921 8865 or e: Dianne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Elected Faculty Board representatives to the Academic Senate
An election will be held for one academic staff member from the elected members of each Faculty Board to the Academic Senate. The following positions are available:
|Faculty of Education and Arts (FEDUA)||1 x 2 year position||1 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2020|
|Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE)||1 x 2 year position||1 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2020|
|Faculty of Science (FSCI)||1 x 2 year position||1 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2020|
|Faculty of Business and Law (FBUSL)||1 x 2 year position||1 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2020|
If required, an electronic ballot will be conducted, and voting will close Thursday 29 November 2018.
The elected academic staff members of each Faculty Board are eligible for this election. If your current term on Faculty Board expires 31 December 2019 you are still able to be elected to this position, however your continuation on the Academic Senate is dependent on your re-election to the Faculty Board.
How to Nominate
Nominations must be submitted on the approved Nomination Form. There must be a separate nomination form for each candidate.
Download Nomination Form here.
You can include a statement (150 words or less) to support your nomination, together with a photograph. This will be distributed to voters in the event there is more than one eligible nomination received for each position and we need to hold an electronic ballot. If your statement is longer than 150 words, the University Secretary reserves the right to edit it down.
Completed nominations can be submitted by:
- Email: email@example.com; or
- Post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council and Records Management, CH241, The Chancellery, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.
Completed Nomination Forms must be received by 5:00pm, Friday 2 November 2018.
Visit the Student Elections Web Page for more information.