Elections are conducted by the University Secretary (as Returning Officer) for various positions on University bodies (Councils, Committees, Boards etc). Many other bodies conduct their own elections for positions on those bodies. This site only deals with those elections undertaken by the University Secretary.
Nominations were called for two academic staff positions from the School of Creative Industries on the Faculty of Education and Arts (FEDUA), Faculty Board with a term of office to 31 December 2018.
A/Professor Phillip McIntyre and Dr Keith Russell were elected unopposed.
Nominations were called for a representative from the elected members of each Faculty Board to the Academic Senate for a two-year term until 31 December 2018, contingent on their continued membership on their Faculty Board.
At the close of nominations, three positions were filled unopposed, one electronic ballot was held and one position received no nominations and will now be filled by appointment.
An overview of the elected candidates is outlined below:
- Faculty Board, Faculty of Business and Law - Dr Marcus Rodrigs
- Faculty Board, Faculty of Education and Arts - Dr Rebecca Beirne
- Faculty Board, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment - Dr Shamus Smith
- Faculty Board, Faculty of Science - Dr Paul Roach
- Faculty Board, Faculty of Health and Medicine - TBC
Looking for student elections?
Visit the Student Elections Web Page for more information.