Elections are conducted by the University Secretary (as Returning Officer) for various positions on University bodies (Councils, Committees, Boards ect). Many other bodies conduct their own elections for positions on those bodies. This site only deals with those elections undertaken by the University Secretary.
Election of Academic Staff to Faculty Boards from 1 January 2015
Academic staff were invited to nominate for membership of their Faculty Board for two years from 1 January 2015.
As a result, five ballots will be conducted by electronic ballot from Tuesday 9 December 2014. Voting will close Wednesday 17 December 2014.
Staff who are eligible to vote will receive an email inviting them to do so.
Candidate statements are available for each ballot:
- Four members of the Newcastle Law School to Faculty Board, Faculty of Business and Law
- Two members of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science to Faculty Board, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- One member of the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy to Faculty Board, Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Two members of the School of Environmental and Life Sciences to Faculty Board, Faculty of Science and Information Technology
- Two members of the School of Psychology to Faculty Board, Faculty of Science and Information Technology
Newcastle University Postgraduate Students' Association (NUPSA) Elections for 2015
Nominations were invited from members of the Newcastle University Postgraduate Students' Association (NUPSA) to serve on the NUPSA Executive Committee from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015.
Nominations have closed.
A ballot is currently being held for:
- International Representative
Voting closes 5pm Friday 21 November 2014.
Election of Students to Faculty Board for 2015
Nominations for these student positions have closed. An electronic ballot has been been held for:
- One postgraduate research higher degree student on Faculty Board, Faculty of Health and Medicine.
The successful candidate was Ryan Duchatel.
Election of Students to Academic Senate for 2015
Nominations for these student positions have closed. Electronic ballots have been held for:
- One undergraduate student from Callaghan Campus
The successful candidate was Nicholas Moor
- One postgraduate research higher degree student
The successful candidate was Sharlene Leroy-Dyer
Election of One Student to Council for 2015
At the close of nominations more than one valid nomination was received for this position. Consequently a ballot was conducted.
The successful candidate was Bhavi Ravindran.
Election of Academic and Non-Academic Staff to Council
Three staff members have been elected to Council for a term of office from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2016.
Two Academic Staff Members
Professor Pablo Moscato and Dr Roslyn Larkin
One Non-Academic Staff Member
Ms Nerida Lithgow
The elections were held to fill the positions occupied by Dr Tom Griffiths, Associate Professor Wayne Reynolds and Ms Leanne Holt until 31 August 2014. A record 10 nominations were received for each of the categories of membership, including two academic candidates from Ourimbah.
There was a tremendous response from staff members who lodged completed voting papers for each ballot, with 27% of academic staff and 40% of non-academic staff participating in the ballots.
Congratulations to Professor Pablo Moscato, Dr Roslyn Larkin and Ms Nerida Lithgow on their election to Council. Sincere thanks to all of the candidates for their interest in nominating for these positions, and all staff members who took the time to vote in these important elections.