Nominations and Governance Committee
What does the Committee do?
The Nominations and Governance Committee's responsibilities are outlined in full in the Nominations and Governance Committee Charter. Its key areas of focus are:
- statutory and regulatory compliance
- setting expectations on governance matters
- Council Induction and Development Program
- recommending appointment of members to the University and other bodies
- standards and expectations of honorary appointments
- conferral of degrees, awards honorary awards
Meeting Location and Dates
Location: Committee Room, The Chancellery, Callaghan Campus
|Meeting date||Meeting time|
|Friday 26 March 2021||1.30pm - 3.30pm|
|Thursday 27 May 2021||9.00am - 11.00am|
|Thursday 29 July 2021||9.00am - 11.00am|
|Friday 24 September 2021||1.30pm - 3.30pm|
|Friday 26 November 2021||1.30pm - 3.30pm|
You can find all Council meeting dates and the full Council calendar here.
Reports and Papers
Templates and other support resources are available to help you prepare reports or papers for committees and Council.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.