Ma & Morley
Ma & Morley Scholarship Program – Category: Academic Excellence
The Ma & Morley Scholarship Program was born to honour the life changing and enduring friendship between the successful Chinese entrepreneur Jack Ma and the respected Novocastrian Ken Morley through a program that aims to inspire, educate and cultivate the next generation of globally aware and socially conscious Australian leaders.
Applicable to: students who have demonstrated excellence in their pathway to get into university.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian Citizen Australian permanent resident, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Commencing first year of study in any University of Newcastle undergraduate program in Semester 1, 2019
- Enrol in a minimum of 20 units
- Demonstrate academic achievement by achieving a selection rank (adjusted ATAR) of 90 or above OR demonstrate academic achievement by achieving an Admissions Rank (ATAR equivalent) in top 10% of commencing cohort if coming from an enabling pathway
- Provide required documentation
- Have leadership aspirations
- Demonstrated commitment to one or more Ma and Morley values.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship
- Not have completed another degree.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written personal reference from a responsible person. This person cannot be your relative but can include a, higher education or VET educator, employer/manager/supervisor, doctor, specialist medical professional, lawyer, accountant, social worker, counsellor, religious or community leader, high school or college principal, counsellor, year advisor or career advisor
- A one page written statement outlining: (1) what a globally aware and socially conscious leader means to you; and (2) things you have done in your home, school, work, or community that contribute to creating positive change in the world.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $10,000 per annum payable in lump sum payments of $5,000 each semester after the census date (pro-rata for students studying 30 or 20 units).
The scholarship is ongoing for the length of the scholars program.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of assessment of the application and supporting documents against the eligibility criteria. An interview process will follow for short listed candidates.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Ma & Morley Scholarship Coordinator
Office of Alumni & Philanthropy
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 8764
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759