Zoom – Online Video Conferencing
Zoom is The University of Newcastle online video and audio conferencing solution. Available to all staff, students and affiliates, Zoom enables you to easily host or join a virtual meeting where you can screen share and collaborate with anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Click here for a quick introduction video.
Why would you use it?
Zoom is the solution to help if you have ever:
- Wasted time travelling across campus, or between campuses, to face-to-face meetings?
- had trouble finding an available meeting room?
- needed to use videoconferencing with external partners?
- considered using videoconferencing, but found it too hard to organise?
- wanted to review a document quickly with a group of people?
- Your own personal Audio/Video conferencing space
- Share your computer screen with others
- Instant messaging via Chat feature
- Use on any device (PC, laptop, mobile device)
- Easy to use for both internal and external parties
- Record your meeting (please be aware of legislative requirements around recording)
Who can use it?
All UON staff and students have access to Zoom and their own personal video conferencing space (a virtual meeting room!).
How to use it
Zoom is simple to use and generally people can find their way around in a few minutes, however if you would like to know more, we have developed some “how to” guides and videos to help you get started.
- Schedule a Zoom meeting
- How to order headsets
- Hosting and Managing your Zoom meeting
- Joining a Zoom meeting
- Setting up Zoom on your mobile device - iOS
- Setting up Zoom on your mobile device - Android
- Getting the most from your Video Conference
- Recording your Zoom meeting
- Connecting to a Zoom meeting from a Meeting Room