Most of our buildings and facilities are open during business hours. Some buildings are locked or have restricted access.
Keys and access cards
How to apply
- Log an online key request using Maximo (for access to Newcastle campus (Callaghan), Newcastle City precinct, Central Coast campus (Ourimbah) or Sydney. Ask your manager or supervisor for access arrangements at other University facilities).
- Your nominated approver will approve your request.
- You will get an automated email saying your request is approved or denied, then a second automated email when your key or card is ready for collection.
- Following the details provided in your email, visit Infrastructure and Facilities Services at either the Newcastle or Central Coast campus with photo identification to collect your keys. Your electronic access will be automatically added to your staff ID card.
- You will need to log a separate request for each of the different request types (standard room key; main building entry, sub or master key; swipe card; and lock change).
- If your approver does not approve your request or you have not collected your keys after one month, the request will be closed and you will have to reapply.
If you are a tenant or affiliated staff member who needs access to our building you should complete the Key and Electronic Access Request Application Form (PDF, 664KB).
After hours access
If you, or a contractor doing business on your behalf, intend to access University buildings outside the normal operating hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Friday you should submit an after hours access notification form. This ensures Security Services are aware of who is in the building in the case of an emergency.