Maintenance and cleaning
We have changed the way we deliver our services
The University owns and manages a significant asset base and the efficient management of this asset base is critical to the continued growth and success of the UON.
Service managed by this change include:
- Building structure and fabric maintenance
- Grounds maintenance, including roads, car parks, sporting ovals, bushland and external civil infrastructure
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning maintenance
- Electrical services maintenance
- Fire systems maintenance
- Hydraulic and plumbing services maintenance
- Waste removal
- Outsourced security services at specific locations
- Access control and security system maintenance
- Relocation services
The Maximo Service Request application has been upgraded to enable you to quickly create and submit service requests using your desktop, laptop or mobile device. This upgrade means that you can now specify the request category, the location and even attach photographs to your request.
To use the new location feature you need to update your location in Maximo, this enables the system to populate your location data automatically into the service request saving you time in clicking to your location manually. A guideline for updating your location is is available here.
To report a general maintenance issue please submit a Maximo service request. Some examples of general maintenance issues are flickering lights, faulty door handles and broken blinds.
Emergency works include broken water mains, loss of electrical power, toilet overflows and structural issues in your building. If you notice an emergency issue please report it immediately using the numbers below.
Newcastle campus (Callaghan) Central Coast campus (Ourimbah) and Newcastle City campus
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday - Infrastructure and Facilities Services on 4921 6500
- After hours – Security on 4921 5888 (Callaghan, Newcastle City and Regional sites)
- After hours – Security on 4348 4222 (Ourimbah)
Our cleaning contractor cleans each weekday morning at most campus locations. For additional cleaning work please complete an online Maximo service request. Requests usually take at least 48 hours to complete as cleaning staff finish before business hours start.
Pesticide Use Notification Plan
The University of Newcastle has developed a Pesticide Use Notification Plan, in accordance with NSW Pesticides Regulation 2017 requirements. This pesticide use notification plan explains how the university will notify members of the community about pesticide applications on its public places.
Check out the below information sheets, fact sheets and updates.