Welcome to the University of Newcastle Records Management Office !
We offer a number of services to the University community including:
- Administration of the University's records management system TRIM (HP Records Manager)
- Education and training about best practice in creating, storing and disposing of records
- Management of a collection of central records
Central Records Collections
We manage a central collection of active and semi-active records for the senior executive and key central administrative areas.
These records include a wide range of documents in a range of formats. Inactive University records deemed to be worthy of permanent retention as archives are stored with the University's Cultural Collections Unit.
We're here to help staff fulfil their recordkeeping obligations by providing information and services related to records management. The records you keep:
- Document the University's transactions
- Ensure that the University meets legal, administrative and audit requirements
- Assist in the effective operations of the University
- Provide continuity and create the University's corporate memory
Under the State Records Act (1998), records of the University are records of the State. As a staff member, this means that you must:
- Create full and accurate records of the activities in which you take part
- Take responsibility for the safe custody of records created or received in the transaction of University business
- Only dispose of records with appropriate authority by the Records Management Office (RMO)
If you need to request a specific file or piece of information from the Records Management Office (RMO), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not know the record number please provide as much detail as possible regarding the subject matter, and if possible the year in which the record was created.
If you have access to TRIM ( HP Records Manager) you can place a request using the "Retrieve Record" icon in the toolbar.
Please note you will be granted access to information provided:
- You have a legitimate need to access the information, and after approval from the Business owner of the information,
- Once approval from the Business owner of the information is received.