Training and Support
Records & Information Management Fundamentals Workshop
Records Governance Services (RGS) deliver one-on-one or team workshops to provide staff with a greater understanding of your recordkeeping obligations as a University employee, and increase your Records Management knowledge.
Sessions can be booked by joining the wait-list via the Discover training portal.
A member of the Records Governance Services team will then contact you to discuss your specific requirements.
Records Governance Services (RGS) provides tailored training sessions as required, for individuals and teams.
This ensures that you will receive the most effective and relevant training in a timely manner.
For more...see our Training Course Information Sheet.
We provide easy to follow TRIM9 (Content Manager) online tutorials which cover common functionality tips.
Online Information Safety & Security Awareness Training
Information security is a cornerstone to the security and sustainability of the University. Protecting our information should be one of our highest priorities.
You are responsible to put in place preventative measures to protect University information to minimise the risk of loss, premature destruction or inappropriate access to information. TRIM9 (Content Manager) is the University’s recordkeeping system designed to protect our information and minimise these risks
To help you get up to speed on the basics of Information Security, take this short online Information Security Awareness training module (via Discover).
- Naming Convention for TRIM - Student Records (XLSX, 60 KB)
- Approved UON Abbreviations - Records Management Naming (XLSX, 14 KB)
- Record Keeping Guide - Student Records (PDF, 47 KB)
- Record Keeping Guide - Scanning and Disposal Process for Imaged Records (PDF, 109 KB)
- Safe Handling and Storage of Files (PDF, 84 KB)
- Safe Transport of Records (PDF, 92 KB)
- Checklist - Migrating Share Drive records to SharePoint or TRIM (PDF, 324 KB)
- Quick Reference Guide - Cloud Migration Project - Keep Store Dispose - PDF Copy (PDF, 312 KB)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.