Misconduct or serious misconduct
Sometimes a staff member may do something that constitutes misconduct. This can involve:
- breaches of University policy (eg Code of Conduct)
- behaviour against their contract of employment
- behaviour that causes risk to the health and safety of a person
- being drunk or under the influence of drugs at work
- serious or repeated bullying or harassment.
As the manager you are responsible to try to resolve these issues through formal written notification and/or:
- staff development
- work allocation
All instances of serious misconduct will also be reported to the appropriate Deputy Vice-Chancellor. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor may suspend the staff member on full pay or without pay.
For more information see the enterprise agreements.