Register with AccessAbility
You can register for support person at our AccessAbility office SC2.12 or email your forms to AccessAbility@newcastle.edu.au (SC212 on Callaghan campus map).
Before your first appointment, think about the support you may need or have received previously that assisted with your study.
It can take up to four weeks to arrange some supports, so be sure to register early.
1. Download the Medical Practitioner Report for completion by your medical practitioner, and provide any other supporting documents, to verify the existence of your disability or medical condition.
- Medical Practitioner Report (PDF 823.9 KB)
Please note documentation must:
- be clearly dated and completed using the Medical Practitioner Report or on official letterhead
- clearly indicate a diagnosis and the expected impact on your studies
- be written in legible English and signed by the relevant practitioner
- have been completed within the last month for temporary disability, or in the last six months for fluctuating disabilities. A recent date is not essential for a permanent disability unless the situation changes.
Relevant practitioners can include but are not limited to:
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Neuropsychologist or Clinical Psychiatrist
2. Download the relevant form below, fill it in, save it and return to AccessAbility either by email or in person at SC212 between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.