Register with AccessAbility
You can register for support in person at our AccessAbility office Callaghan (SC2.12) or Ourimbah (Student Support Unit, adjacent to the Library) or email your forms to AccessAbility@newcastle.edu.au.
Before your first appointment, think about the support you may need or have received previously that assisted with your study.
It can take up to four weeks to arrange some supports, so be sure to register early.
1. Download the Medical Practitioner Report for completion by your medical practitioner, and provide any other supporting documents, to verify the existence of your disability or medical condition.
Please note documentation must:
- be clearly dated and completed using the Medical Practitioner Report or on official letterhead
- clearly indicate a diagnosis and the expected impact on your studies
- be written in legible English and signed by the relevant practitioner
- have been completed within the last month for temporary disability, or in the last six months for fluctuating disabilities. A recent date is not essential for a permanent disability unless the situation changes.
Relevant practitioners can include but are not limited to:
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Neuropsychologist or Clinical Psychiatrist
2. Download the registration form below, fill it in, save it and return to AccessAbility either by email or in person at Callaghan (SC212) between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.