Taking care of your mental health is a critical skill that will help you navigate your way through life – both as a student and beyond. It’s as important as brushing your teeth, eating well, exercising and getting enough sleep.
Issues like anxiety, stress and depression are common and we are here to help if you experience these and other mental health concerns – whether or not they are directly related to your studies.
Our counsellors are a team of accredited and experienced psychologists, social workers, mental health nurses, and clinical psychologists, who are experienced with assisting with students’ concerns. They can help you find both short and long-term solutions to a variety of problems, offer ongoing support, and refer you to additional, external services.
Some of the services provided:
- Consultations within a day or two.
- Individual counselling.
- Drug and alcohol counselling.
- Online counselling.
- Groups and workshops.
Book an appointment
It’s easy to make a booking with our counselling services.
In order to connect you with support as quickly as possible, we offer initial appointments with a Student Support Advisor, which are booked on the day (with the exception of some early morning appointments).
- Call (02) 4921 6622 as close to 9am as possible on the day you would like to attend. If you are unable to get through, please leave a voicemail with your contact details and reception staff will return your call
- Drop in to our office at Student Services, at the Hunter Student Central, on Level 2 of the Student Services Building
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to connect you with support as quickly as possible, we offer initial appointments with a Student Support Advisor.
To book an appointment:
- Call (02) 4348 4060
- Drop into our office at the Student Support Unit, adjacent to the Library
Support services are available through the TAFE Counselling and Career Development Service, located in Building C.
To book an appointment:
- Call (02) 6569 2017
Call reception on (02) 4921 6622 to make an appointment to speak with a Student Support Advisor.
Enabling students can see a Counsellor at the campus where you study.
To book an appointment directly:
- Call the Enabling Office on (02) 4921 5558
After-hours Crisis Support Line
For support and advice outside of business hours – 5pm-9am weekdays, 24 hours on weekends and public holidays – contact the UON After-hours Crisis Support Line.
Ph: 1300 653 007
SMS: 0488 884 165