Pay and timesheets
UON staff enjoy competitive salaries and superannuation benefits.
Rates of pay
The rates of pay vary depending on your staff classification.
- Academic staff salary rates 2018-21 (PDF, 212KB)
- Professional staff salary rates 2018-21 (PDF, 244KB)
- Teachers salary rates 2018-21 (PDF, 187KB)
- Professional staff salary rates casual 2018 (PDF, 219KB)
Salary increases are determined through enterprise bargaining and reflected in our enterprise agreements.
Casual staff timesheets
Timesheets are to be completed by sessional/casual academic and professional staff. If you are not employed on a casual basis, you do not need to complete a timesheet. Timesheets are completed in HRonline.
HRonline cut off dates for submission of online timesheets (PDF, 250KB)
There are circumstances where you may be entitled to an allowance for the tasks or role you perform. Please consult your enterprise agreement for more information.
Most academic and professional staff will receive their payslips in HRonline. This includes both full and part time, ongoing and contract staff, and sessional/casual staff who have accepted the terms and conditions of computing access.
Payslips will be mailed to your postal address if:
- you are sessional/casual and did not accept the terms and conditions of computing access
- you leave the University, your final payslip will be mailed to your postal address
Requests for documentation
Requests for documentation (such as Statement of Service, payslip copies, letters to banks, Employment Separation Certificates, copies of payment summaries etc) should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow two working days for these requests to be actioned.