Mental health and wellbeing
Looking after your mental wellbeing is every bit as important as looking after your physical wellbeing – both for your studies and leading your best life in general!
Our tip sheets will help you navigate some of the most common mental wellbeing issues for students.
- Anger (PDF, 158.76 KB)
- Anxiety (PDF, 578.4 KB)
- Depression (PDF, 100.91 KB)
- Grief and loss PDF, 96.61 KB
- Missing home (PDF, 124 KB)
- Balance and healthy (wellbeing PDF, 122.45 KB)
- Stress (PDF, 517.19 KB)
- Being assertive (PDF, 143.79 KB)
- Relaxation techniques (PDF, 190.09 KB)
- The calming breath (PDF, 119.01 KB)
- Grounding techniques (PDF, 115.27 KB)
- Traditional meditation (PDF, 189.07 KB)
- Sleep (PDF, 110.25 KB)
- Healthy relationships (PDF, 130.92 KB)
- Perfectionism (PDF, 171.17 KB)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.