Mental health and wellbeing
Looking after your mental wellbeing is every bit as important as looking after your physical wellbeing – both for your studies and leading your best life in general!
Our tip sheets will help you navigate some of the most common mental wellbeing issues for students.
- Anger (PDF, 405.29 KB)
- Anxiety (PDF, 529.44 KB)
- Depression (PDF, 252.66 KB)
- Grief and loss PDF, 237.71 KB
- Missing home (PDF, 398.86 KB)
- Balance and healthy (wellbeing PDF, 314.17 KB)
- Stress (PDF, 260.95 KB)
- Being assertive (PDF, 408.71 KB)
- Relaxation techniques (PDF, 334.49 KB)
- The calming breath (PDF, 563.8 KB)
- Grounding techniques (PDF, 256.17 KB)
- Traditional meditation (PDF, 407.19 KB)
- Sleep (PDF, 248.56 KB)
- Healthy relationships (PDF, 302.97 KB)
- Perfectionism (PDF, 279.1 KB)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.