Our Campus Care program provides information, advice and support in managing inappropriate, concerning or threatening behaviours in a safe and confidential environment.
Campus Care seeks to create e a safe environment for staff, students and visitors at UON. We provide support at all stages of responding to complex and sensitive situations.
The University of Newcastle (UON) takes all allegations of misconduct seriously – including allegations of sexually based assault and harassment. UON will not tolerate behaviour that compromises the safety and wellbeing of staff or students.
When to contact Campus Care
Campus Care is not an emergency service. All emergencies should be reported to Security immediately. Phone 4921 5888 or 000 if you are in immediate danger.
Please contact Campus Care on 4921 8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any of the following:
- Feel threatened or unsafe
- Have concerns about someone else's behaviour or well-being
- Have received unwanted attention
- Are worried about someone harming themselves or someone else
- Have experienced sexually based assault or harassment
Our aims are to:
- Identify potential concerns early
- Minimise the impact of mental illness and psychological distress
- Ensure appropriate and timely referral to clinical services
- Reduce the stigma of mental illness and promote a University culture that supports individuals and those with concerns about peers and colleagues
- Reduce the incidence of serious incidents
- Our staff will investigate all reports and liaise with relevant services both within and outside the University adhering to privacy laws and University policy.
Campus Care is a best practice initiative and has close links with the Tertiary Education Safer Community Network in Victoria.