Talking to someone

If you, or someone you know, have experienced sexually based assault or harassment, you can talk with a professional and/or someone that you trust to get support, advice or suggestions on what you can do. This is not something that you have to cope with on your own. There are a number of free and confidential services available.

If you require the services of a translator please contact Campus Care.

If you have current concerns about your safety or the safety of others:

  • Police - 000 (Emergency Only) 24hr / 7day
  • Campus Security – (02) 4921 5888 24hr/7day
  • Campus Care - (02) 4921 8600 Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

24/7 Helplines for information and support

  • NSW Rape Crisis Centre is the 24/7 telephone and online crisis counselling service for anyone in NSW - men and women - who has experienced or is at risk of sexual assault. Phone: 1800 424 017

Support at University of Newcastle

General Medical Support

Services near Newcastle (Callaghan)

Services near Central Coast (Ourimbah)

Services in Sydney

Services in Port Macquarie

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.