Employee assistance program
- We offer six free confidential counselling sessions a year for staff and their families to discuss personal and work related issues.
- You can either select face to face sessions during work hours or the 24 hour telephone counselling service.
- Family members must be a spouse or partner or dependent children under the age of 21 still living at home.
- Managers and supervisors can also take advantage of a special manager information and advice service.
To make an appointment
Phone 4926 1688. Appointment times are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm and office hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm. 24 hour phone consultation is available by calling the office.
See an experienced registered local psychologist from:
AusPsych is a 100% Australian privately owned company established in 2004. They provide a full range of behavioural risk management services to both organisations and individuals. They have a total of 16 staff (12 psychologists, 2 clinical social workers and 4 administration staff) located throughout the Newcastle metropolitan area, Upper Hunter, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and Central Coast regions. Services throughout Sydney and regional NSW are provided by Associates.
Their Behavioural Risk Management services include Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Critical Incident Management Services, Manager/Supervisor Support Services, Workplace Support Service, Vocational Counselling, Career Transition Support, Mediation, Conflict Management Solutions, Workplace Training, Psychological Assessments, Medico Legal Assessments and Reports. See the AusPsych Team on their website.
Head office is located at Level 8, 16B Bolton Street (corner Hunter Street), Newcastle., other offices are located in Maitland, Upper Hunter, Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie, Central Coast and affiliated organisations in Sydney and other remote locations.
- Please let the receptionist know when making your appointment if you require urgent counselling.
- If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice this will be counted as one of your UoN-funded sessions.
- This counselling is a short-term, solution-focused process, see your GP for more long term strategies.