Employee Assistance Program
16 June 2020
The team at NewPsych can still see you face-to-face if required, using social distancing and other measures. But for everyone's safety the preference is to meet using Telehealth. Please contact the receptionist at NewPsych to discuss what will work for you.
Achieve and maintain wellbeing with UON free Employee Assistance Program for you and your family.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counselling service free for all for UON staff and their immediate family members. The service can help you achieve lifestyle, work, personal and family goals and assist you with managing work and life experiences, issues or concerns that arise from time to time.
Don’t let issues hold you back – deal with them quickly and effectively through the EAP. EAP provides:
- Six free confidential counselling sessions per calendar year for staff and their families.
- You can either select face to face sessions, telephone or video conferencing during work hours or there is a 24 hour telephone counselling service in case of emergencies.
- Family members must be a spouse or partner or dependent children under the age of 25 and still living at home.
How do I access EAP?
Call NewPsych on 02 4926 5005, email email@example.com or send a message via the portal on the NewPsych webpage. While the head office is located in Newcastle, NewPsych has satellite offices in all UON locations and appointments are arranged via the Newcastle Office.
All consultations are strictly confidential. NewPsych will not share information about you with UON unless you authorise for them to do so. When making appointments, you may be asked for information on your organisation and faculty. This information may be used towards high level reporting on trends and utilisation rates.
- Please let the receptionist know when making your appointment if you require urgent counselling.
- If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice this will be counted as one of your UON-funded sessions.
- This counselling is a short-term, solution-focused process, please see your GP for more long term strategies.
Support for managers and supervisors
Please see Manager Assist Service for further information.