Faculty Board - Business and Law
What does the Faculty Board do?
The Faculty of Business and Law Faculty Board is the principal academic authority within the Faculty. It is responsible to Academic Senate for maintaining the highest standards in teaching, learning, assessment and research. It meets at regular points throughout the year.
The Faculty Board is responsible for continuous improvement, approving academic content of new courses, all faculty procedures and managing schools within the faculty. For more detailed information about the Faculty Board's roles and responsibilities, read the Terms of Reference.
Faculty boards are supported by the Faculties Teaching and Learning team. You can learn more about the Faculty of Business and Law here.
Who is on the Faculty Board?
The last meeting for 2020 will be held on Friday 6 November from 10am - 12 noon. Papers are due for this meeting on 23 October.
2021 Meeting Dates
Location: The Boardroom, New Space, Newcastle
|Date||Time||Papers due by|
|Wednesday 3 March 2021||Wednesday 17 February 2021|
|Tuesday 20 April 2021||Tuesday 6 April 2021|
|Thursday 8 July 2021||Thursday 24 June 2021|
|Wednesday 15 September 2021||Wednesday 1 September 2021|
|Tuesday 2 November 2021||Tuesday 19 October 2021|
The following committees also operate with the Faculty:
- Faculty Executive Committee - Provides advice to the Pro Vice-Chancellor and committees which report to the Faculty Board
- Faculty Teaching and Learning Committee
- Faculty Research Committee
- Faculty Progress and Appeals Committee
- Academic Promotions Appraisal Committee
- Work Health and Safety Committee
- Faculty Board of Advice - meets quarterly to facilitate faculty engagement with business and industry sectors
- Faculty External Engagement Committee - meets bimonthly to facilitate engagement between the Faculty, external partners and the community
- Committee on Internationalisation
- Faculty of Business and Law Marketing Committee
For information about governance of the Faculty of Business and Law including committee meeting details and previous minutes, contact the Faculty Board Secretary