Student Appeals and Complaints

The University aims to ensure that appeals and complaints are addressed quickly and resolved fairly. Outlined below are resources to support you to effectively manage an appeal or complaint.

For specific information and support to assist you in dealing with issues relating to sexually based assault or harassment please refer to this page. If you subsequently believe that the University’s processes or procedures were not correctly applied, you can lodge a complaint with the Complaints Office.


When the University makes a decision that you disagree with, you have the opportunity to appeal. Advice and support when appealing against a decision is available from:


If you are unsatisfied with the way in which University policy or procedure has been applied, you may consider making a complaint. The Complaints Resolution Policy outlines further details of this process.

You can lodge a complaint at:

For more details on the UON Complaints Process please see here.

Where else can I go?

You also have a right to use external agencies to resolve a complaint such as the Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW, the NSW Ombudsman, Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) or legal process. Please tell us if your complaint is referred to an external agency. We may have to stop the internal complaints resolution process while your complaint is investigated by an external agency.