How to read the inherent requirement statements?
If you are intending to enrol in a UON program, you should look at these inherent requirement statements and think about whether you may experience challenges in meeting these requirements. These inherent requirements should be read in conjunction with other program and course information.
If you think you may experience challenges for any reason including a disability or chronic health condition, you should discuss your concerns with the AccessAbility Service. These staff can work collaboratively with you to determine reasonable adjustments to assist you to meet the inherent requirements. In the case where it is determined that inherent requirements cannot be met with reasonable adjustments, University staff can provide guidance regarding other study options.
The inherent requirement is made up of the following five components:
- Level 1 - introduction to the inherent requirement
- Level 2 - description of the inherent requirement
- Level 3 - explanation of why this is an inherent requirement of the course
- Level 4 - the nature of any adjustments that may be made to allow you to meet the requirement
- Level 5 - examples of tasks that show you've met the requirement.