New ‘thedesk’ webpage
Students please note that you are now moving away from the University of Newcastle’s website, to an external website. The University of Newcastle does not take any responsibility for the contents of ‘thedesk’ website.
The services provided on thedesk website will not be appropriate if:
- you are in a crisis situation (call 000);
- you are having thoughts about suicide or harming yourself (call the Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467, or Mental Health Line 1800 011 511 or Lifeline 131 114);
- your personal safety is at immediate risk (call 000); and/or security (Callaghan 02 4921 5888, Ourimbah 02 4348 4222) if you are on campus;
- you require specialist medical treatment.
The University of Newcastle makes every reasonable effort to protect your personal information, however please be aware that there are exceptions to this and your personal information may be disclosed:
- With your consent;
- Where the University of Newcastle has a legal obligation to do so;
- If there is an immediate threat of harm to an identifiable person or persons, including yourself, that can be averted only by disclosing information;
- When Counsellors are consulting or in the course of supervision or professional training (however in this instance your identity and the identity of other parties involved will be concealed).
The personal information you provide on ‘thedesk’ may be held, collected, recorded, accessed, stored and disseminated by the University, for the purposes of:
1. assisting in the University’s delivery of counselling services; and/or
2. research in respect of counselling services;
however your identity and the identity of other parties involved will be concealed.
I have read and understood these terms…