The Priority Research Centre for Stroke and Brain Injury (PRCSBI) was established in 2016 as a flagship research entity of the University of Newcastle. The PRCSBI is a multidisciplinary group, embodying the research capabilities of the University, embedded in the clinical excellence of Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD), and aligned to the translational vision of the Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI).
The PRCSBI endeavours to:
- Facilitate world leading research through essential infrastructure and targeted support
- Increase engagement with current and new industry partners
- Foster collaboration with industry leaders locally, nationally and internationally
- Leverage opportunity to grow funding for research
- Support the development of the next generation of researchers and clinicians