Change your program

You may find that you start your uni journey headed in one direction but later realise you want to move in another. That’s perfectly normal and may be part of what makes your University experience unique.

If you have received advice and decided that you’d like to study in another area, you will need to apply for a new program. This application might be direct to the University or via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).

You will need to apply through UAC if you are not a current student at the University or if you are a current student seeking entry to the Bachelor of Medical Science/ Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) or Bachelor of Midwifery.

  • Apply direct via the University using the relevant link below.
  • Apply via UAC – it’s best to check the University of Newcastle study pages first.

If you are a current student wanting to change to a newer version of your program structure, then you must contact your Academic Program Advisor.

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.