The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) works with academics, including sessional staff, to offer a wide range of programs and services to support the teaching and learning process.
Quality course design is essential for student success. Course Coordinators are welcome to work one-on-one with a CTL Learning Designer to review your course and make changes to it ready for the following year. You will have an opportunity to evaluate your course and target areas for further development. CTL can assist with course mapping, learning outcomes, blended and online resources, assessment design, teaching methods, building user-friendly Blackboard sites, flipping the classroom, evaluation of teaching and teaching technologies.
Request a review of your course now. A CTL staff member will then contact you to arrange a suitable appointment time.
Workshops and Certificate Programs
CTL offers comprehensive professional development pathways through the completion of the below workshops and certificate programs. Tailor your studies within the certificate requirements to suit your learning needs.
Follow the links for more information about certificate program requirement or individual workshops, including outlines, session dates, times and registration links.
- Principles of Assessment
- Outcomes Based Grading
- Evaluation of Teaching
- Marking Guides and Rubrics
- Assessment Methods
- Constructive Student Feedback
- Online Assessment
- Creating Multiple-Choice Questions
- Written Assessments: short answer and essays
- Effective Group Projects
- Introduction to Clinical Teaching
- Supervising Students and Trainees
- Good Practice in Assessment
- Workplace Based Assessment
- Selective Sessions
The below workshops and sessions are available for registration.
Follow the links below for registration, session dates, times, and mode of delivery (e.g. face to face or online).
- Using Respondus to Manage Blackboard Tests
- Grading with Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Managing Grades in the Blackboard Grade Centre
- Course Design and Learning Outcomes
- Online Assessment and Feedback
- Creating and Curating Media Content (delivered online)
- Online Communication and Moderation (delivered online)
- Course Site Development
- Creating Multiple Choice Questions (delivered online)
- the Educator Network Showcase - 11 July 2019 | Callaghan
Mid Semester Feedback
CTL can facilitate the collection of anonymous feedback on your teaching and course content from your students. This proactive approach enables you to implement any adjustments and make real improvements in your teaching during semester, resulting in higher student engagement and overall student satisfaction.
Bookings can be made to gather feedback between weeks 4 - 8 of each semester. Book Now.
CTL teaching resources are available.
Can't find what you're looking for?
CTL can tailor workshops, programs or information sessions to meet your specific requirements.