Learning Design and Teaching Innovation works with academics, including sessional staff, to offer a wide range of programs and services to support the teaching and learning process.
Quality course design is essential for student success. Course Coordinators are welcome to work one-on-one with a LDTI Learning Designer to review your course and make changes to it ready for the following year. You will have an opportunity to evaluate your course and target areas for further development. We can assist with course mapping, learning outcomes, blended and online resources, assessment design, teaching technologies and building user-friendly Blackboard sites.
Professional Development Opportunities
- New Faculty Orientation
- UONline (VIrtual Learning Environment) Introductory Consultation
- MOOC - Contemporary Approaches to University Teaching
- Enrol Now
This teaching induction course provides key introductory learning and teaching concepts and strategies for those who are in their first few years of university teaching. The self-paced course is comprised of 11 expert-developed modules plus specialty modules and documents. This course has been developed by a team of colleagues from 18 Australian universities and one university in the United Kingdom.
- Enrol Now
- Certificate in Clinical Teaching and Supervision
- Academic Staff Mentoring:
If you are new to teaching or would like additional tailored support and development in your teaching, a mentoring program is available for academic staff. The mentoring includes options for individual consultations, the opportunity for peer review and classroom observation, facilitation of student feedback processes, and access to a large body of teaching and learning resources.
If you would like to be part of this program this semester, please register your interest.
- AdvanceHE (UK) Fellowship Scheme
- HERDSA Fellowship Scheme
LDTI teaching resources are available.
The Educator Network
The Educator Network (tEN) aims to promote collaboration, innovation and excellence. Membership of tEN is open to all educators, being any staff involved in the education experience at our University, including academic and professional staff.
- Virtual Mini-Showcase - "Creating Communities of Interest/Practice for Educators" held on 18 June 2020 | 12pm-2pm. - recordings to be made available shortly.
- Learning Lunchbox Events - view past lunchbox recordings and presentations
- tEN Showcase Events - view past showcase recordings and presentations.
Can't find what you're looking for?
LDTI can tailor information sessions to meet your specific requirements.