Keeping current in your discipline - Special Studies Program (SSP)
Our Special Studies Program (SSP) is a key program for academic staff to further their career and keep current in their discipline through a program of professional development.
Due to the commencement of a new Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Vice-President, this Policy and Procedure will be reviewed in the second half of 2020.
- Please refer to the current Policy and Procedure for eligibility.
- Eligible staff seeking approval to undertake SSP must apply by completing the Special Studies Program (SSP) Application form.
- Staff must forward their SSP Application form to the Head of School prior to the closing date.
- The Head of School must indicate their support or otherwise on the SSP Application form.
- All forms must be emailed to SSP@newcastle.edu.au by the closing date.
Due to the impact COVID-19 may have had on planning for SSP in 2021, the closing date for applications has been extended. The extension will provide extra time to contact institutions and academic researchers with whom you wish to work with as well as obtaining the recommendation by the HOS for the SSP application.
The closing date for Semester 1 and Semester 2 submissions for 2021 is close of business Tuesday 30 June 2020.
If you have any questions, please email SSP@newcastle.edu.au
As part of this program you need to submit a report to your Head of School at the end of your sabbatical. You should do this within one month of your return.