Keeping current in your discipline - Special Studies Program (SSP)
Our Special Studies Program (SSP) is a key program for academic staff to further their career and keep current in their discipline through a program of professional development.
- Please refer to the current Policy and Procedure for eligibility.
- Eligible staff seeking approval to undertake SSP must apply by completing the Special Studies Program (SSP) Application form.
- Staff must forward their SSP Application form to the Head of School prior to the closing date.
- The Head of School must indicate their support or otherwise on the SSP Application form.
- All forms must be emailed to SSP@newcastle.edu.au by the closing date.
Applications for (SSP) in Semester 1 and Semester 2 2022 will open on 1 July 2021 and close on 27 August 2021.
If you have any questions, please email SSP@newcastle.edu.au
As part of this program you need to submit a report to your Head of School at the end of your sabbatical. You should do this within one month of your return.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.