Your academic integrity is of the utmost importance and setting a strong password to protect your student account is one of the best ways to keep yourself secure.
You may be held responsible for any actions that arise from the misuse of your account, so don’t share your password with anyone.
Setting a password
- not contain your student number, or any part of your name
- be between eight and 16 characters long
- include at least one letter, one uppercase character, one number and one special character (e.g. % ! * or similar)
If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it anytime by following the instructions found here.
If you have forgotten your password, and are experiencing issues with the password reset link, or have forgotten your secret question, contact the IT Service Desk to arrange a password reset.
If you can't remember your password, you can reset it anytime:
- Open the NUaccess Reset Forgotten Password utility
- Enter your username
- Enter the security code which was sent to your home email address
- Enter a new password and re-enter your new password to confirm
If you have forgotten your password, but haven't previously registered your home email address in myHub, contact the IT Service Desk to arrange a password reset.
If you know your password and want to change it, you can do so anytime using the NUaccess Change Known Password utility.
Entering an incorrect password three times in a row will locked your account for five minutes. Remember your password is case sensitive, so check that CAPS lock is off.
After this time period, you can try to login again or, if you are still experiencing an issue, contact the IT service Desk by calling 4921 7000.