Work Integrated Learning Staff Member of the Year
This award is for an outstanding staff achievement in the delivery of Work Integrated Learning. The recipient will have enabled students to experience meaningful and consequential workplace activity based on course learning outcomes and the development of individual employability.
This award can have up to three recipients.
The award recognises innovations and/or outstanding performance in relation to Work Integrated Learning.
For example, in relation to Work Integrated Learning the staff member may have:
- successfully initiated or plans to initiate a Work Integrated Learning course or program within their School/Division
- undertaken or is undertaking, academic research in the Work Integrated Learning area and/or has published or has been accepted to publish this research in an academic ranked journal
- demonstrated outstanding and exceptional achievement or success
- provided an outstanding service to stakeholders that could include students, staff, the community or industry
- contributed to significant improvements to work procedures or operational systems
Nomination is open to academic or professional staff who have successfully initiated or supported, or who plan to initiate a Work Integrated Learning course or program within their school/division; and/or are currently undertaking academic research in the Work Integrated Learning area, and/or have published or have been accepted to publish, this research in an academic ranked journal.
For a nomination to be eligible a nominator must be a business/industry/community partner, University of Newcastle staff member or current student.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.