International Student Support
Your Support Team
The University's International Student Support Team provides a range of welfare and support services, which are designed to give you access to information that will make your time at the university a rich and academically rewarding experience. The team also offers practical and personal support to students who find themselves in unfamiliar circumstances and who need local advice and help.
If the following scenarios apply to you, then contact International Student Support for advice/help.
- Need help getting to the University and finding somewhere to stay?
- Want to know more about Orientation?
- Want to get more involved in non-study activities?
- Feeling lost and overwhelmed?
- Personal issues interfering with your academic performance?
- Need help with a Visa issue?
- Having trouble paying your bills on time?
- Personal safety an issue?
- Need to take leave of absence?
- Need help understanding a letter you've received from the University?
- Under 18 years of age and need a guardian?
- Have a problem that you need help to fix?
- Lonely and homesick?
There are 8 staff in the International Student Support team; all are available to assist international students in need. You may simply send an email to International-Advisors@newcastle.edu.au for advice and or assistance or make direct contact with a specific staff member by using the information provided below. While each staff member has their own portfolio all are available to assist students and staff with general enquiries.
Our Emergency After Hours Hotline is: 1800 081 233. Alternatively, contact the University's Security office (02 4921 5888) and ask for assistance.
***An Update for Iranian Students***
Click here to download a PDF entitled "Frequently Asked Questions for International Students and Education Providers"