Externally funded scholarships
A wide range of externally funded scholarships are available to UON HDR candidates. Details on the application periods, eligibility criteria and funding can be found on the individual scholarship websites below.
- ACEN 2021 Research Grants - Work Integrated Learning
- NHMRC Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme
- ANSTO FutureNow Scholarships
- CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarships
- AINSE Postgraduate Research Awards (PGRA)
- State Super Scholarships - PhD, Masters (by Research) and Honours
- Gowrie Scholarship - Top Up Scholarship
- Epilepsy Society of Australia - Travel Scholarship
- Sugar Research Australia - Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Australian Rotary Health - Rotary District 9650 Funding Partner PhD Scholarship investigating Heart Muscle Research.
- Australian Rotary Health - Rotary District 9640 Funding PhD Scholarship investigating Rural Mental Health
- Australian Rotary Health - Rotary District 9790 RSL PhD Scholarship investigating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Service Personnel & their families in Victoria.
- Australian Rotary Health - Rotary Club of Sydney Funding Partner PhD Scholarship investigating Indigenous Health
- Australian Rotary Health - Rotary Club of Victor Harbor Funding Partner PhD Scholarship investigating Rural Mens' Mental Health
- Australian Rotary Health - Combined Rotary Clubs of Mackay Funding Partner PhD Scholarship investigating Depression and/or Suicide in Young People
- Australian Rotary Health - Dan Vickerman Funding Partner Research PhD Scholarship investigating Concussion Disease
- Soil CRC Scholarship Opportunities
- STATE Super Academic Scholarship (Phase 3 - 2021)
- Army History Research Grants
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.