PhD and research masters
The School of Information and Physical Sciences offers the following research Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy degrees.
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Mathematics)
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Physics)
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Statistics)
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Computer Science)
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Information Systems)
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Information Technology)
- PhD and Master of Philosophy (Software Engineering)
- Master of Philosophy (Medical Physics)
Student success story: Riya Aggarwal
PhD in Computational and Applied Mathematics
Riya Aggarwal started her PhD in 2017 and completed her thesis on Neutron Strain Tomography. During her studies, Riya was always searching for additional ways to get involved in the opportunities that came with being a PhD student. In particular, she was lucky enough to gain an Australian Postgraduate Research internship with Veris and to secure ongoing employment with them.Graduate research Learn more about PhD and research masters and how to apply
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.