We have a responsibility to ensure girls and young women have female role models at all levels in their fields.
By building capacity for female staff and working towards equal representation across our organisation we are showing students they can be what they see.
International Women's Day 2020
Progress to Equity Plan
We are proud to be at the forefront of gender equity in the workplace but there is more we can and must do. Our Progress to Equity Plan focuses our efforts in the following areas:
- Attract and retain more women in STEMM
- Increase the number of women in senior and leadership positions
- Support women’s careers through training, leadership and development
- Close the gender pay gap
- Foster an inclusive and equitable organisational culture
- Embed accountability for leaders in gender equity
- Maintain a flexible workplace culture
Workplace Gender Equality Agency
In accordance with the requirements of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012, on 11 August 2021 the University lodged its annual public report () PDF, 579.17 KB with WGEA.
We are a SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze Institution
Our University is proud of the many outstanding women achieving research excellence science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM).
In December 2018 we were among the first Australian universities to receive the Bronze Award under the Athena SWAN charter. We are working hard to improve gender equity and diversity across the STEMM disciplines.
Preserving gender equity
during and after COVID-19