New look Research Grants and Ethics Management System coming soon
The Research Grants and Ethics Management system (RIMS) is undertaking a major upgrade.
RIMS allows researchers to view all grant and ethics records that they are named on as an investigator. Currently, researchers can also complete most ethics forms within RIMS. The upgrade will give UON the potential to streamline and simplify the grants and ethics process in the future.
RIMS is also the driver of the Research Financial System (RFS)
To facilitate the upgrade, there will be no access to RIMS from COB Thursday 12 July 2018 while the upgrade takes place. Access will be restored by 8:00am Monday 16 July 2018 and any work that was in progress at the time of the upgrade (e.g. ethics applications) will be retained. RFS will not be updated with new expenses or budgets during this time.
Improvements to RIMS through the upgrade include:
- New look and feel of the system
- All researchers will have access to their Research Grants as well as Animal and/or Human Ethics
- Researchers can view the progress of their grants and ethics submissions
- The future introduction of an animal ethics initial application e-form
The Research Office will release more information leading up to the upgrade, including some ‘cheat sheets’ and ‘how-to’ guides. If you have any questions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Fulbright scholars in Newcastle
- University recognised for ongoing efforts to achieve gender equality
- Trade law researcher awarded prestigious Fulbright scholarship
- Sexual Harms and Medical Encounters project post-doc available
- Centre Director convenes third international wine studies conference during Fulbright program